Kale chips taste a lot like potato chips, but are a much healthier (and niftier!) option.
- Wash and dry kale: use a salad spinner to get rid of excess moisture.
- Coat the leaves in olive oil or another flavourful oil (e.g. sesame). Season with a small amount of salt or other creative seasonings.
- Place the kale leaves on a cookie sheet (to protect your oven from dripping oil) and bake at 350-degrees for 10-30 minutes or until the leaves crisp. Do not let the leaves burn.
- Allow to cool. Break into smaller pieces, if you want.
- Serve as a handy snack or schmancy side dish.
Bradford Boisvert from the astonishing Amuse Bistro in Shawnigan Lake has a different recipe but similar technique: